Roof cleaning and painting???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need advice quick!!! I know of an elderly couple who are having there roof cleaned and painted by a company tomorrow!! We have suspicions as it is costing around £6k and thats after discount was going to be £8,900 to start with!!! Alarm bells are ringing and having spoke to the couple about our concerns they rang the company and told them the concerns and they reassured them (of course they would) and its funny that now they are turning up the next day to do it!!! They obviously know they are getting cold feet so decided to get it done as soon as possible. They have also had to pay about half the money upfront!! Any advice on these kind of work being any good and also how much it should be costing??

Sponsored Links
Sound like sharks. Contact trading standards today, but they will probably be too busy to help you.
Ask them what the cooling off period was. If they are unsure they want the work doing then you'll have to step in and help. Do they have family members who can help.

The could have had the roof tiles stripped off and replace with new for that sort of money. Cleaning is going to be done with a pressure washer off ladders by a couple of lads paid £6/hour and painting tiles.... well enough said! If they insist on starting tomorrow then tell them they are trespassing and call the 999 to report a breach of the peace.

Sponsored Links
They have 7 days cooling off period to cancel the order. Don't have the work done.

Serach on here for Aquashield

Not another one! :evil:

Dont let the robbing pikies near her roof...they will be lucky to see any of the deposit back, hope im wrong.

Well they went ahead after we tried our best to persuade them not to and roof has been cleaned so far and awaiting the painting stage whenever that will be! I'm sure they will be back as they haven't had all the money yet!!

Well they went ahead after we tried our best to persuade them not to and roof has been cleaned so far and awaiting the painting stage whenever that will be! I'm sure they will be back as they haven't had all the money yet!!
Older people will feel a sense of guilt if they cancel or felt they were losing money, nevermind it being a useless exercise. They were perhaps bullied into it by threats if they cancelled. You should have told them they would have more fun burning £6k worth of twenty pound notes on a bonfire than paying it to those guys to pressure wash and paint a roof!

Could you go there and take some zoomed in photos of the roof before the painting and afterwards. Sounds fascinating as I've never seen a roof painted before. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back