roof cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all just about to get round to cleaning my roof as it is currently covered in moss. Was wondering if anybody could recommend a suitable pressure washer for the job and what product i can get to seal the tiles and where could i purchase this from.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just use a bog standard washer. Don't worry about sealing it, most sealers are 5hite unless you use copious amounts. :)

Sponsored Links
Not the washer really but the nozzle. +2000 psi, 10-12 ltrs per mn, 3 x hoses in tandem and the magic *turbo nozzle. (*£50-80 for a proper one). So get your washer, buy the nozzle. Don't forget the harness, rope, cat ladder, normal ladder,stand-off, PL insurance, sand and cement, spare tiles, cover sheets, brush, shovel, bags, tools and helper. £12,000 should get you started. Ignore anything you have heard (read) about sealants. There are some good ones but without the right preparation and the know-how, experience and machines to apply them, forget it. All to much? then maybe you should consider GAP-T-DIFY

(get a pro to do it for you).

From the manufacturers of marley roof tiles I was told never to pressure wash concrete tiles as it will only damage the tile making them porous . I notice there is a lot of this painting over roof tiles going on in and around this area at the moment . A bit of elbow grease and a copper ridge system should do the trick to keep the moss away.

Bakers make bread, roofers replace roof's, Marley are correct that why some daft Dutchman spent 1,450,000G's on developing roof coating systems that are used worldwide... he's happy spose. I would never clean a roof without sealing is with summat'. Lets face it ,there's nowt better than a new car when the old one need fixing...... common sense really never mind green issues, recycling, and the economy... lets all go buy a new everything. I can afford a Dinky how about you :rolleyes:

Hi nosey, thought you were missing from this one.

Spoke to a guy in Holland today, 36 years manufacturing coating products, 26 making roof coating for concrete roofs and tiles, And all manufactured to include specifications including ISO, 4624, Din53-504, Din-EN ISO 7738-2, Din/EN/ISO 1062-3, ISO 4892-3, 53166 and Din EN 2810. Plus DIN 4102 Part 7
Now someone somewhere is not as well informed a they think they are.
NUFF Said this is the last time I will post my timeaway on this subject .

Those in the Know, Know all, those who think they know everything know **ck all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back