roof insulation and vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to get roof insulation installed and have been told that I need to remove a brick from between every other truss before they proceed.

As it is probably for ventilation and apparently regulations have changed; is there any other method of ventilation out there?

Sponsored Links
I guess you are talking about loft insulation?

If so why can't you ventilate conventionally, either by using roof tile vents or by using soffit vents?

Your brickwork would need to be bricked right up to the sarking at eaves detail to prevent the passage of air from the soffit and that does not make sense.

Sorry for not giving more detains. Indeed it is loft insulation.

The bungalow was built around 50 years ago.

I have soffit front and back but see no vents.

You can probably see from the picture that there is brickwork is between the rafters.
Those planing to put in the insulation have said that regulations have changed (few weeks ago), and that roof tile vents are no longer appropriate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back