Roof Insulation - Losse fill or Blanket?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a garage i am converting into a games room. The new recently completed roof is an Asymmetrical pitched one that will allow for storage above the garage so a ply floor will go down - existing joists are more than enough, they are the size of the normal first floor joists. It was a flat roof, so has loads of battening across that was used for the water run off angle. The batterning goes across the joists at degrees, and will make insulating with blanket fibre glass a pain. Most likely will have to reovge the battens to do it properly.

I was thinking of loose filling it?

I may have to put another layer of plaster board underneath for fire regs, so was thinning of having a thermal foam backed plater board 50mm insulation). And then loose filling above.

Anyone have any advice for loose fill insulation material that does as good as glass fibre blankets at keeping heat in? Any of it DIY or have i got tohire some blow kit?

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back