Roof Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to refurbish an attic bedroom in an old, poorly built, victorian terrace (1890). The plaster in the room is lathe, which is all cracked and crumbling - I want to get rid of all this and replace it with plasterboard - I already did a similar thing in another room (non attic).

Anyway, my initial thoughts regarding the roof insulation is to get rid of the old plaster but leave the lathes in place so they keep the insulation down and maintain the air gap (depends on insulation type). I've had a look in the relevant help section on this site and found I might use 9 layer foil? Is this the best thing to use? Will it be effective enough? Whats the best installation method?

Sponsored Links
I have tried a bonded multi foil insulation , staples to the underside of the roof truss or on battens to walls , then counter batten 20mm to leave air gap then add new plaster board . very effective at only 10 mm thick , is waterproof and fire retardant , easy to install and no waste- plus fully recyclable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back