Roof invasion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Noticed a lot of wasps flying around the corner of my roof, after talking a closer look I could see that they were entering my roof through badly fitted roof tiles. As a professional myself, not in the building trade, it must make the genuine builders like yourselfs furious to see this standard of workmanship. Apart from re-fitting all the roof tiles to eliminate the gaps how should I fill the gaps? As I said am not a builder and my mortaring skills are shocking, even using ready mixed cement, following the instructions to the letter, it just crumbels and drops out. What is your opinion on using, expanding foam or external mastic.
Thank you for any advice given

Sponsored Links
To be honest you will go a long way to find a wasp proof tiled roof as they can crawl through the smallest of channels, typically just like the rain channels that tiles have on each overlap. Do you have any photo's of the tiling and we can possibly advise better ?

Tiles are there to keep rain out, not wasps... and wasps will leave at the end of the season - you could well be looking to solve a non-problem...

If it's Asian Hornets, consider burning the house down never mind foam and mastic.

Sponsored Links
I did take some pictures but file size was too big, I will post some low resolution pictures shortly.

Just spray a load of bug killer up there. They'll soon get the message.

Get a pest man round, pay him to treat the nest. Then pay him again next year

After putting down wasps nest killer the activity around the wasps roof entrance has stopped.
Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back