Roof Leaking Again (Advice Needed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We live in a first floor council flat and the main roof to the whole building is above our flat. In Dec 2010 the soil vent pipe that go's though the roof in the bathroom and up into the celling started to leak everytime we had rain (We also had other leaks in the building at the time).

I reported the leak at the time to the council and they sent someone out to check the pipe and roof.

In April 2011 the council had a full new roof installed on the flat. A short time after the new roof we had the same leek again. I know for sure they did not change the soil pipe vent when the put the new roof on.

So more calls to the council at the time when we had the leak and they came out to replace the tile around the pipe. Well they got the people who fitted the roof to replace the tile.

We have had a leak in the same part a few months back also

Tonight with this heavy rain i came in from work to find a damp patch next to the pipe on the celling again and took a picture this time as well.

My main question is i have had this problem now for nearly a year and half and reported it to the council about 4 to 5 times and yet we still have the leak.

What is everyones advice on what to do?

Should i call them and ask to speak to someone higher up as nothing seems to be getting done and with the new roof we have the same leak and i plan to paint the bathroom in the next month or so.

I am just getting fedup with this now as it should have not took the council this many call outs and phone calls to try and get this sorted.

I dont want to start to paint the bathroom celling and walls if this is going to happen again.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just found a letter that i received from the council in Sept 2011 about the massive complaint i put in about the leak in the bathroom. Infact its been longer than i said above.

Says i reported a leak on 17th June 2011 and the celling was repaired on 11th Aug. This was the last time i had reported the leak but reported it a few times before hand.

Chris

Sponsored Links
I can but there is not much to see apart from a large plastic soil pipe coming though the roof and the damp patch on the ceiling

Chris

It would let us see if the weathering slate has perished/ is installed properly etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back