Roof looks awful since Velux fitted.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post here, so please be gentle! We're in the throes of a loft conversion. Yesterday the 2 Veluxes were fitted. The area of roof between the veluxes has got a noticeable dip. I pointed this out to the builder today and he said it's because it's an old roof, and it's meant to look like that?! Lots of the houses around here have loft conversions and none of the roofs look as bad as ours. Any advice as to what can be done to get a neater finish, or was the builder right?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the tiles are kicking up at the sides of the velux, this would give a 'sweeping' effect between the two windows

Builder probably hasnt removed the nib off the back of the tile where it sits over the flashing kit or hasnt trimmed down the foam .

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. A "sweeping effect" describes the problem exactly. Is it quite an easy thing to put right? I'll try and upload some pics later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back