Roof Parapet construction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - Am building an extension with a lean to roof of 16 degress pitch and on the party wall side I need to build a parapet above the tile line. I plan to keep the parapet the same angle as the roof and wonder if anyone could give me some pointers in terms of the best recommended method of construction. Namely what would be the recommended height the parapet would need to go above the line roof tile . What is the best method of building the lead counter flashing into the parapet, is there a recommended way of capping the parapet wall and should I put a layer of DPC below the capping to stop any soakage down into the wall. All advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Dpc below parapet and below capping.
Im not sure about height above roof line but mine ia about 6 inches @ a guess which is ample im sure.
Instead of using lead google "plygene rubberised guttering" by sharmanns...i used some last year for the same as what your doing and it worked out WAY cheaper and its not going to leak either.(and they posted it to ireland really quickly too)
Marty.

Thanks Marty, Can I ask what you used for the capping ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back