MONOPITCH ROOF WITH PARAPET WALL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning a lean to pitched roof on my house with velux windows but not ceiling joists as I want it to be vaulted. The roof will drain into a box gutter with a parapet.

Theres also an svp in the way about a 3rd of the way along the existing longest wall where the ridge would be.

Plus there's a water outlet in the corner of the existing walls that I am extending from. Im bit worried how the first rafter will sit from this wall so it does not clash with this pipe (the pipes goes down as soon as it exits the wall so can box it in on the interior). Does the first rafter's side face have to be fixed to the exiting wall?

Does anyone know where to get a detail of a typical brick wall cavity with parapet and pitched roof draining into it? i keep finding information on flat roofs with parapets.

Sponsored Links
I was thinking of using a preformed gutter from kingspan even though its not used for masonary but was thinking of trying to integrate anyway.

To be honest i really dont know. I have never come across a parapet wall before never thought I would have to use one.

if you have any sugestion even of companies that I you know might be able to help then I would be really grateful

cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi. When constructing the parapet wall it is most important to fit a quality DPC with weep holes. It bridges the cavity and discharge in the same course as the lead sheet cover flashing to the gutter. If not fitted correctly, dampness will attack the joist ends and show as damp stains on the internal wall at high level. Copping stones are never enough to stop this. Good Luck

Thanks so much for all your comments and the image.

I am coming to grips with all these terms. I am not sure about the weepholes and cavity closer but will look it up on the internet.

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back