Roof trusses

W

Will1986

Im building a two storey extension and almost finished the roof. The trusses that I had made are in position and secure. I need to build the last two trusses by hand but im unsure of how to support the ends. The trusses are raised tie and the ones ive already put up are supported by a girder trus but the last 2 wont reach to that girder truss. Can someone please advise on how to finish the job. I have attached pictures of the roof design. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm unsure about what you are unsure about.

All the trusses should reach the girder truss. Why don't they?

The 5 in the middle reach the girder truss but then I have to build 1 either side. because of the raised tie they cant rest on the girder truss.

Sponsored Links
It looks like the designer has allowed for purlins and a valley beam to span between trusses T2 and the outer walls. The cut rafters will bear on those.

Thanks wessex. Do you think you could do a sketch of how it should look for me?

erm...NO! Its clearly shown on your plan. There are members spanning between trusses T2 and the outer walls with rafters and ceiling joists on hangers spanning between, or at least that is how I am reading it.

I'm sure if you phone the truss company they will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back