Roof Valley Lead replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I noticed an issue with my roof leaking the other day so i looked up a trusted trader on my local council website. (Just for a bit of background).

He came out and took a look and it looks like there is a split/cut in some lead that sits within in the valley between two sections of roof at a 90 degree angle.

To his credit he did take and show me a photo of the issue.

I have now received a quote from him to replace "two sections of lead valley gutter and replace with code 5 lead" for £620.

My question is, as i have no idea and was not expecting it to be so high, does this seem reasonable? I've no reason to doubt the work is needed I'm only wanting to check the cost is in the right ball park and he's not high balling it.
smily1386.gif

Thanks folks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I paid £380 to have one done on ours. That was removing tiles, old lead, cutting in new wood and Code 5 lead valley and obviously reinstating the roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back