Valley repairs to a 'london' roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a traditional London roof with a central valley which is ostensibly flat. This is currently lead lined and is about 6 years old. There are two splits in the lead. I have asked a couple of contractors to quote for repairs. One wants to replace all the lead. Another has suggested covering the lead valley with felt. Is this feasible or should the lead be stripped off before a felt valley covering is laid?
Paul

Sponsored Links
You can repair lead gutters with a variety of solutions, but in all honesty, they are just repairs, and the problem is going to come back and haunt you sooner rather than later.

Get the leadwork done, ensuring the right code (thickness) is used, and that its laid correctly. 6 years doesnt seem to me as if its lasted too well so I dare say it was laid incorrectly. Probably laid in too long lengths, and has cracked from expasion and contraction.

Ostensibly flat laid by itinerant stars of "rogue traders" :LOL: No drips and rolls then :?: have a look at .The Lead Sheet Association....or Calder, to see how it should be done and check out NHBC 10 year guarantee too house 6 years or just the leadwork :confused:PS. I don`t know any leadworkers in the smoke ..But a firm in Sussex I can vouch for may travel up ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back