ROOF VENTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have had a major problem with rats getting in my attic and therefore have had all rafters blocked with 9mm squared mesh and then had insulation put down the gaps from the attic to the soffits. I know i have now blocked the air getting in and out and i can only see one answer to getting the air flow back into the attic and thats to install tile vents.

The tile vents i need are below in the link.
http://www.klober-professional-roofing-accessories.co.uk/roof-vent.html
click 'profile vents' and then 'Profile-Line Vent - Double Roman'

My question is this does anybody know where i can buy these cheaper, be it high street or internet OR maybe another way resolving my air flow problem...without removing loft insulation, lol

Oh yeah, i have stopped the rats from getting in.

Thanks all

AndyP

Sponsored Links
Not that i know of, damn expensive things. Why not fit a lead slate with a cowl and some insect mesh?

Slate roof would be very nice but the area i live in, im not allowed to change the style of tile because it will ruin the so called look of the other houses...total *******s but i have to follow the rules :(

My tiles are the concrete ones as in the link i provided in my first post. I never expected a single tile with a few holes in cost me £25 a piece, and i need 4 of them at least.

That second reply to slate vents...my god £50 a piece, you must be minted selling those bad boys at £50 a piece, bet you drive a nice car, lol

Thanks for the replies lads

AndyP

There's a fair bit of work involved making one of them mate, plus lead isn't exactly cheap, neither is the oxy /acetalyn or the relevant insurances needed.

Sponsored Links
Haydn, im only messing with you mate. I know slate is expensive and the price of £50 is well justified.

I personal was hoping the price would be that of 1980's and get the roof vented for £10, ha theres wishing ah.

Thanks for your replies.

AndyP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back