Roof verge undercloak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, anyone seen undercloak used that seems to be uPVC? Definitely not the usual cement board that's used. Wondering if it got damaged when the barge boards and fascias were replaced and they threw this up under the mortar to replace it. Doesn't seem to be bonded to the verge now and bits of verge mortar cracking and dropping out.

Was wondering if I could rebed the offending tiles to this or if it would be best to replace with the proper usual undercloak. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would of thought it better to use the proper stuff.

Using plastic is a stupid idea.
The mortar will not bond to the plastic, hair line cracks will form and draw water in .
Change the under cloak

Sponsored Links
Yeah this is exactly what I was thinking too. I just can't understand how it's lasted so long. The fascias were all changed early 2000 and I believe that's when they would of put the pvc strip up there.

Hoping not too much water has made it through and the gable end rafter/gable ladder has survived. If not I think it'll be a job for someone else and some scaffolding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back