Alternative to cemented undercloaking (Marley Modern)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
P_20201130_084419.jpg I have to replace the undercloaking, it's shot and falling away. I don't think much of undercloaking mortared to the underside of cantilevered tiles, I have about 3" of overhang. The mortar and undercloaking just seems to have fallen away from the underside of the tiles. Maybe support new undercloaking with clamps/batten whilst mortar is setting?

Or is there a propeietary dry verge that can go straight on? Like an inverted dry soaker that slides over the outside edge (both under and over the tile) with a side flange that drops down past the undercloaking so that where the mortar previously was isn't even visible. Kind of an upside down dry soak with side run-off/drip feature protection?

Thank you

Attachments

• P_20201130_084400.jpg
    P_20201130_084400.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Three inches is a bit much.
However use a wider undercloak.
It will be more rigid.

Three inches is a bit much.
However use a wider undercloak.
It will be more rigid.

So really, I need to rework the barge board arrangement and bring them out, so that the undercloak overhang beyond the face of the barge board is right?

I deally, how far should the undercloaking project out beyond the barge board face?

Dain

Sponsored Links
If I pry the old barge board away, clear out the old undercloaking/cement, then some new treated 100x47 or 50x47 could go on the outer rafter to bring the face out close to where it should always have been?

Theoritically the top of new treated would follow top of outer rafter?

Should I drill the new cloaking board prior to nailing? Or just punch the clouts thru?

What's the best tool to trim down one side of a cloak board if a bit has to come off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back