Roof Verge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of buying a property. Just had a survey done and the only thing that was picked up was loose bedding to tiles at roof verge.

I'm not going to split hairs with the vendor and renegotiate if it's just a simple and cheap job.

Does anyone know if there would be an expensive worst case scenario in the this situation. The property is a 30 year old bungalow.

Pictures are in an album on my profile

Thanks

Wibble

Sponsored Links
If that's all there is it's a very simple job, especially as it's a bungalow.

Sponsored Links
Had a look at the photos, The best way to fix this is to have the verge tiles removed, the old cement raked out and then have the tiles re-bedded on new cement. Sand and cement being the only materials apart from the odd tile if any are broken on removal, Its not a big job and done correctly you shouldnt have to worry about the verge again for 25+ years.

I wouldnt choose a tradesman who reccomends "pointing" over the old cement - its best to renew the cement completley.

I can see from the photos there is only an inch of roof tiles overhanging the wall - so to prevent driving rain from entering the building (through the cracked cement) its a repair best done sooner rather than later.

Not a big job and quite common to see cracked cement on verges. The tiles on the roof are also quite common, inexpensive and can be easily purchased from any good roofers merchant.

Could you give me a rough idea of the cost of doing a complete repair as opposed to re-pointing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back