Roofers in Bournemouth Area ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend any reliable roofers in the Bournemouth area ?

I'm looking to get my worn out, natural slated, hipped roof replaced with either man-made slates or modern tiles.

So far, in the last few months I've had 3 roofers round to give me quotes. All of them sounded keen, but NONE of them has actually managed to supply a quote yet, despite being chased up several times! What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers,
Rich.

Sponsored Links
don't forget, concrete interlocking tiles or even plain tiles are a lot heavier than natural or imitation slate. make sure your roof is up to the weight increase or else it will sag under the weight or worse.

the average roofer won't give a monkeys about the added weight.

I am in the Bournemouth/New Forest area and I can think of half a dozen roofers that would most certainly take weight into consideration when re roofing your property.. The days of stripping slates and replaceing with Interlocking regardless of weight have long gone.. Well in this area anyway.. A bit different in the cities..

If the existing slate can not be reused then either new natural slate, Cement fibre slate, are a good choice (Natural being best)

Should these not appeal then i guess conc Interlocking.. and most roofs can be strengthened to take extra loadings

The roofers you have had round todate are obviously overly busy or sense they might be pricing against certain other roofers they know and deal with regularly.. who knows....

Moderator 4

please see forum rules regarding advertising

Sponsored Links
datarebal said:
I am in the Bournemouth/New Forest area and I can think of half a dozen roofers that would most certainly take weight into consideration when re roofing your property.. The days of stripping slates and replaceing with Interlocking regardless of weight have long gone.. Well in this area anyway.. A bit different in the cities..

i stand corrected and do apologize. :oops:

very refreshing to hear though. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back