Roofing repair to tiles: genuine or unecessary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father who is 90 has had a cold caller offering to repair his roof tiles.

The guy used my Dads camera and took some pictures of damaged roof tiles.

They are standard interlocking concrete tiles from 1960's

They are a bit damaged, some have chips off the corner, some have a crack -all on the lower part of the tile so the damage is above the tile lap below.

The repair was to: 'fill with a mortar mix and then when dry treat with waterproofing agent'

I said theres no point, its a temporary repair of damage that isnt leaking any way

Is that correct?

Cheers TIA Notch

Sponsored Links
My father who is 90 has had a cold caller offering to repair his roof tiles.

The guy used my Dads camera and took some pictures of damaged roof tiles.

I said theres no point, its a temporary repair of damage that isnt leaking any way

Is that correct?

Cheers TIA Notch
You are correct - DO NOT EVER let your dad be taken in by Travelling Roofers ( get my drift;)) If he's in East Sussex I can recommend 2 roofing co.s in Eastbourne.

Thats what I thought.

Would I be right in saying replacing the broken tiles is the only proper option. If individual tiles can be fitted?

My father is 90 and he has been caught a number of times by these characters.

Ive managed to get him to discuss with me first now.

Sponsored Links
1960s interlocking.. probably going to be ludlow plus or major... take seconds to replace , why chuck a load of muck on them.. mad

Did they also offer pegs or lucky heather? Perhaps they could tarmac his drive for him as well.

1960s interlocking.. probably going to be ludlow plus or major... take seconds to replace , why chuck a load of muck on them.. mad

Many thanks for the advice, Is it possible then to change tiles without having to strip off upto the roof?

They look like ludlow plus tiles

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back