DIY Roofer has used wrong tiles for repair but says it's OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sister-in-law has a small holiday chalet in the Scottish Borders and the grounds there are looked after together by all of the owners. Recently the roof was damaged when their local groundsman felled some birch trees (which did need to come down) and a branch hit the roof as the tree fell. Seems amateurish to me but he's a bit gung-ho with the chainsaw. Anyway he said he'd repair the roof. He's replaced the damaged tiles - about 6 tiles - but the problem is he's used Marley double roman (two are left on the ground) whereas the existing tiles look to me to be Ludlow Major or equivalent - a flatter profile. You can see they are different and do not interlock properly together. He insists this is OK and says the roof is watertight, but my worry is when they next have high winds the tiles could come off. Just wondering what a professional roofer would say? Possibly lots of expletives?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back