Roofing to make a shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just moved into a new build house of which the garden was left in a huge mess. We have for the time being turfed and patioed ourselves, with the help of my wonderful Dad. We have a thin strip of ground down the side of the house which is about 4ft wide with the side of the house one side and a wooden fence the other. What we want to do is add a slanting roof between the wall and fence to create a shed type covering with door. Having never embarked on a project like this I don't really know what we would need and how costly it would be.

Any advise as to whether you think it would be easy for us to do ourselves and what we would need would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Ok, you need to do a bit of thinking first. Where's the water going to go, will you annoy anyone by doing it, etc.

Might need planning, I don't know. Others here have a better grasp of that.

What I will add is that it's not a particularly difficult job. I did something very similar last summer, but put doors both end and drainage to make a narrow conservatory. Damned handy this winter.

Anyway - waffling. I used the Corotherm wallplate, glazing bars and double walled polycarbonate. I'm very impressed - having previously done wallplates with timber that generally leaked after a while, this makes it very easy and weatherproof. Got mine from screwfix, but no doubt others flog it too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back