Roofspace under PD with existing extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - hoping someone can help.

I live in a bungalow which already has a ground floor extension at the rear of the property. The roof of this joins to the original roof.

I'm now looking to get a hip to gable + dormer at the rear (hopefully under Permitted Development). It's likely any dormer at the rear would end up joining to the ground floor extension roof.

The extra roof space volume allowed under PD would be 50 cubic metres - I'm wondering how much of my ground floor extension would count to towards this as 'roof space'? Would it be just the space above the ceiling (i.e. a toblerone shape).

I also have a conservatory next to the extension, does any of this count towards 'roof space' under PD?

Sponsored Links
Any new roof space that connects to the original roof would count towards your allowance.

Hip to gable under PD as that it's the contentious bit, then apply for the dormer if need be.

Just make sure you are correctly calculating 'additional' roof volume. The conservatory would not normally count.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back