Loft under PD with side extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have permission to build a two story extension, I also have a certificate of lawfulness for a hip to gable and rear dormer which comes to 49m3 (we are detached).

We know we have to do the roof changes and rear dormer first otherwise the roof on top of the side extension would have to be included in the 50m3 PD limit. Does anyone know how finished the roof has to be? Can it just be watertight e.g. windows and roof felt on but not titled?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Without seeing the details, I would suspect you would need a revised planning application for the side extension if you build the dormer first. This would apply particularly if the roof of the side extension impacted on the dormer.

Agreed that a non material amendment is needed for the roof which is why we did the hip to gable. However my question is more about how complete the roof need to be, so that it fits in within the planning rules.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back