Room control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Could anyone help me please.
I have recently had fitted a Worsester Bosch 30cdi condensing boiler.
First of all it was fitted with a Salus RT 500 RF which proved unsatistfactory.
The installer has now changed this for an Iflo Digistat+2rf room control but this is doing the same as the Salus, it is switching the boiler off before it reaches the set temp, for example this morning it was set for 23degrees from 8am till 10am and at 9am the boiler was off and it read 19degrees.
Do these room controls need time to acclimitise or should they work properly right away.
Do you think either of these controls are no good?
Do you recommend some other make.

Sponsored Links
Both thermostats should be OK - the Iflo is a Drayton re-badged for Travis Perkins. They do not need time to acclimatize.

As you have had the same problem with two different makes, I would look elsewhere for the cause of the problem.

Have you checked the temperature near the stat with a thermometer?
Where is the stat located?
Have you checked that there is reliable communication between the two parts of the stat?
Is the stat near a radiator?
Does the boiler come back on if you turn the temperature up?

Hi Hailsham,
Yes we have checked the satat with a themometer and there is usually a difference of 1 degree.
The stat is located in the living room on the opposite wall to the rad with the TRV fully open.
As far as I know the installer checked that out but when I look sometimes I see the green light and sometimes the red light
Yes the boiler comes back on when I turn the temp up, so why does it never reach what I set it at.

Sponsored Links
As far as I know the installer checked that out but when I look sometimes I see the green light and sometimes the red light
Presumably you are talking about communication between the two units.

What happens if you bring the controller close to the receiver. i.e no walls between? (Don't forget to set the local TRV to max when you do it)

Yes the boiler comes back on when I turn the temp up, so why does it never reach what I set it at.
So the stat thinks it is up to temperature. Is there anything else giving off heat near the controller - TV etc? Does the sun shine into the room?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back