Salus RT520 controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father in law had a Vokera Easi Heat 29c combination boiler put in about a year ago,
boiler fine but at the time the gas engineer ( now retired) put in a salus RT520 progam time control
At the time I don't think the engineer knew much about the salus progammer!
Despite setting the times and settings as per the manual, this salus control seems to have a mind of its own and will often come on the wrong times! too early or too late
The Optimize and Optimum feature is set to off , as all he wants is the heating to come on and off at the times he as set on the control.
this a wired control not wireless,
He gets frustrated as he is elderly
Weather the salus has been installed wrong' I don't know, my take on it is to bin the salus and get a honeywell or potterton like what I have and get a decent CH engineer to fit it
Any advice on the above

Sponsored Links
The boiler has a small mechanical timer at the bottom right hand corner, this MUST be set to constantly on or it will over ride the Salus

This model does not have any mechanical
timer on the bottom right hand corner

Thanks for your reply

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220213-173156_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220213-173156_Samsung Internet.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
If you intend using it a basically a timed on/off switch you will need to have back set temperatures low enough never to switch on when you want heating off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back