Salus IT500 BM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have recently had a External Worcester Greenstar Heatslave II 18/25 External Combination Boiler Oil ErP installed which is controlled by a salus it 500BM
I understand at the time, there had been a mix up and the incorrect Salus was installed and it should have been the salus it 500 and i only found out that i had a issue when i realised that i had no control over the hot water.
I understand that the BM is only one channel and will only run on the CH.
I have spoken to salus a number of times who had informed me that i just need to exchange the receiver that connects to the combie boiler and i have explained this to the heating engineer and the merchant who ordered the part in. On Friday the merchant informed me that Salus is saying that if i want to control hot water, then it needs to be hard wired in and the heating engineer is saying that hard wiring is not an option and cant be done, So i thought i would ask you fellow DIYNOT members if this is true and if possible to you recommend a control system that is plug in to the Combi, set up the WiFi and control the hot water and heating from anywhere in the world.

Thank you for any help

Sponsored Links
Your boiler will have a permanent live supply. I personally cannot see why this cannot be used to 'hard wire' the receiver. A potential problem I can see is connecting to your modem.
If you want to put the receiver indoors, then a 'hardwire' to the boiler is not insurmountable. You already have wiring to the boiler, just follow that.

nest and hive both make two channel units sorry I cant advise on the salus I am not familiar with that unit

Sponsored Links
The way i understand this, I have 240 v running to the Combi which could be used for both the hot water and the central heating, so no need to run another 240 cable to the combi.

This is sounding very complicated since the Combi is external and because is just a new install and under warranty, means that i cant interfere with the wiring and because i dont know the wiring set up, Then i will just have to trust that the heating engineer will not fob me off.

The confusion is when i am speaking to salus who informed me that it was a matter of changing over receivers, but they told the plumbers merchant that it will need hard wired which for me its all confusing.

Maybe there is another solution to my problem and that's to put a Wi-Fi Controlled switching13A Fused Switched Spur
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...D15BXDaJ8O9nfnwYE5iJEfZGbtPHr5rBoCmi0QAvD_BwE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back