Room insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have about a sheet of 125mm king span left and have access to the low stud Eves wall in the room in the bedroom in the loft . The low stud walls have board insulation on them at the moment but would it be beneficial to add some more insulation?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Do you know what you I can use to stick the silver sides together? Would grip fill or sticks like, do the job?

If the existing board is not as thick as the studs, can you just friction-fit cut pieces of the K'span between the studs? Its not very heavy and should hold up if you can fit it tightly between them.

Sponsored Links
The existing boards are as thick as the studs so looks like I will have to stick them on the back. But I guess I don't cover the outer edge of the studs , so that they can continue to breath? Also have a few electric cables on the outer lower edge of the king span, I don't cover them do I?
Thanks again.

It doesn't matter if the outer edge of the studs are covered - they don't need to breath, it is not an issue. Presume plenty of nonails down the studs should hold them in postion, paticularly if the board can be supported at the base.
What is an issue is covering the wiring. Can you re-route this so that it is above/outside the insulation?

A solvent based adhesive will eat the pir don't use it , mechanical fixings tight cuts , contact adhesive for flat surfaces or good old fashioned double sided tape will suffice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back