ROOM STAT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Baxi Combi 80Eco boiler and I would like to install a Siemens Electronic digital room stat model : RDD10.1.

Could someone advise me as to how to wire this unit in, does it need to go directly into the boiler control panel or will it have to be connected to my external timer (Landis&GYR Model: RWB100)

Kind Regards and many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The room stat needs to interrupt the signal from the programmer to the boiler.

I'm assuming this stat is battery operated, please tell me if it isn't.

Effectively, what you need to do is take the existing wire out of CH ON on the programmer, and connect one side of the thermostat switch to CH ON instead.

Then take the wire that you took out of CH ON - this connects to the other side of the thermostat switch.

A length of twin and earth and a connector block will help to achieve this (with the 'neutral' sleeved brown of course ;) )

Hi
Many thanks for your quick response.

Yes, the room stat is bat operated.

I don't have teh manual for the external time clock, which wire would be the CH ON on its back plate?

Regards

OK, yours may be labelled differently - take it off the backplate and have a look.

If it's not obvious, post a list of which terminals are in use, and what wires are connected to them, and hopefully either me or someone else will be able to provide an answer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again

Just one silly question, does the cable up to the stat have to be twin and earth wire or could i use just any 3core lead such as a telephone wire with a solid strand.

Thank you kindly once again

could i use just any 3core lead such as a telephone wire with a solid strand.

:eek:

NO!!

It has to be rated for 240v, 3amp minimum, and it's not good practice to use flex for fixed wiring either. 1.0mm^2 or 1.5mm^2 twin and earth is usual.

You may wish to check what size fuse is protecting the boiler and controls - it should be 3amp maximum.

Thanks again and I understand.

Better ask and learn than take a chance....the fuse is 3 amp.

Thank you.

easiest way is to get the complete manual for the boiler and the roomstat; between the two to of them you have all you need to wire it up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back