room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a sunvic tlx7501 which i have fitted and was told that my 2 wires should be connected as below

red constant - marked C
yellow other wire - marked ON

is this right as the thermostat isnt working, surely the yellow should be in the OFF so that it can switch between constant and off ??

Also, at the moment the heating is on without the thermostat running, where does it gets its temperature command from ??

Sponsored Links
what system etc is it on ?
has it always done that or has it just been installed ?

Sponsored Links
what system etc is it on ?
has it always done that or has it just been installed ?

my bolier was replaced lats year ( before we bought the house )

boiler is a MAIN 15 HE

7 day timer is a switchmaster 400 ( when this is turned to water only the heating comes on, this has only been happening over the last week or so )

Also i have turned the thermostat down on the hot water tank to 40 and the rads are getting cooler

so hw controls are basically controling your heating.

yes but they didnt when we moved into the house in august,

we had the water only on timed and all was ok,

a few months passed and we turned the heating on and had the thermostat problem

only this week we tried to turn the heating off and go back to water only but the rads were still coming on

i changed the thermostat thinking it was this and its wired correctly, im not sure what else would cause this

after the pump in the airing cupboard have one of these

imagesug.jpg

or two

imapo.jpg

if you turn hw off at programmer does the heating work ok on its own?
is the heating even when off at programmer only coming on when the cylinder is calling for heat ?

if you turn it off as timer then its all off, timer itsself is fine

could it be that the thermostat on the tank is set to high ? it was on 70, i have turned down to 40

no cause your tank stat shouldn't have any control over the heating.

yes but if heating is on at programmer on its own can you control it on/off by the room stat ?

no cause your tank stat shouldn't have any control over the heating.

when i turned this down to 40 the rads went cool

yes but if heating is on at programmer on its own can you control it on/off by the room stat ?

could not turn down by room stat at all,

i have not just checked room stat with jacket stat at 40 and the boiler fired and and went off via room stat

will 40 effect the hot water ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back