room thermostat

40's to low should be 60 on cyl stat.

turn hw on at programmer, cyl stat to max, heating at programmer off
is the lever on the motorised valve loose or has it got resistance when you move it ?

Sponsored Links
40's to low should be 60 on cyl stat.

ok i can increase

can you see your fused spur that controls the electrics to the boiler etc ?

there is a switch which is fused which controls the boiler, which also goes into the programmer

sorry i changed it.

do this first this will tell me

turn hw on at programmer, cyl stat to max, heating at programmer off
is the lever on the motorised valve loose or has it got resistance when you move it ?

there is no lever on valve

one thing i have just noticed is that when turning cylinder stat up to max it just continues to turn around and around, it doesnt stop, likewise, when you turn it back it doesnt stop it just turns and turns

Sponsored Links
this gets worse
you should hae like my pics where the cable comes out lower down should be a lever you can push in a groove.

just to double check now in case the cylinder stat is faulty if you turn that fused spur off, that will isolate everything and put the valve in the relaxed position.

then tell me what the lever is doing ?

just to double check now in case the cylinder stat is faulty if you turn that fused spur off, that will isolate everything and put the valve in the relaxed position.

then tell me what the lever is doing ?

still loose to move

no resistance at all.
valves jammed in mid position.
time for a new valve.

so cause its in mid position when heating off and hw calling, the hw should only go to the cylinder but its going to rads as well but you won't have any control over it unless you turn cylinder stat down or hw off.

so you loose hot rads but also loose hw.

no resistance at all.
valves jammed in mid position.
time for a new valve.

so cause its in mid position when heating off and hw calling, the hw should only go to the cylinder but its going to rads as well but you won't have any control over it unless you turn cylinder stat down or hw off.

so you loose hot rads but also loose hw.

you have been more than helpful

is this an easy job ?

thats hard to say i can say yes but not knowing what your capable of.

but you can drain system from a radiator drain point.
undo the three compression nuts on valve and if you have enought space get the valve out.
sometimes the pipes have to be cut and replaced if the pipes can't be pulled apart enought space.
change the 5 wires over and fill her up bleed system off you go.
i would get a new tank stat aswell for a £10.

thats hard to say i can say yes but not knowing what your capable of.

but you can drain system from a radiator drain point.
undo the three compression nuts on valve and if you have enought space get the valve out.
sometimes the pipes have to be cut and replaced if the pipes can't be pulled apart enought space.
change the 5 wires over and fill her up bleed system off you go.
i would get a new tank stat aswell for a £10.

thank you

in the meantime, what position should the valve lever be in ?

it should be in hw only port open with no power to it.
but yours is stuck in mid position.

your probably really fed up with me and i wouldnt blame you

i have just turned power off again and the lever isnt loose, i push it forward and it has a motorised sound and springs back to a natural position

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back