Rot strands on concrete floor??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure of anyone can help.

I've just discovered that a patch of skirting board in the corner of our living room is completely rotten.

This is beneath a window where we had damp proof work done 4 years with new skirting board as well as some of the adjoining skirting board against an internal wall.

I'm thinking it might be missing pointing/seal gone on the window outside, but lifting the carpet/underlay is a load of blackish strands on the concrete floor.

Could this be rot strands or just adhesive (it's sticky) when the underlay was laid. Pictures attached / it brushes off fairly easily in places.

Cheers for any thoughts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 136
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cheers for the replies.

In terms of identifying the cause of the rotten skirting - the floor seems dry so if it is a leak from window I assume that might become evident now I have a big whole on the skirting next time it rains??

Why not remove that length of skirting, & then post pics of the back of that piece of rotting skirting, the wall behind the skirting, & pics of the outside of the wall and window?

The two pics you've posted are a bit fuzzy?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back