Rotary Washing Line into Artificial Grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have recently had put down artificial grass (new dog + kids + trampoline put an end to the real thing over Christmas).

I used to have a rotary line which i post-creted into the ground which worked fine, however I forgot about it when putting in the new lawn. I don't really have another space to put a replacement line, and the free-standing ones look small and tend to topple over.

Can I (and if so how) is the best way to put a new one into the lawn? I've seen people say you can cut a small hole and hammer in the spike - would this work? Has anyone done it and did you glue the edges or anything? I'd like to hear from people that have done this rather than theoretical as I risk ruining £1000 of artificial grass if i'm not careful...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
why not get a tub and put post crete in it and put the spike in that.then you can just stand it on the grass.or instead of a tub find something fancy or a wooden planter or similiar and use that .but put concrete in to stop it toppling when washing line is up

Thanks - not a bad idea, although when I broached it to the wife she doubted that she'd be able to move it around...

Why would she want to move it around (I'm expecting a typically male response here :))? Presumably the line was previously in a fixed location?

Sponsored Links
Well the old one you could take the washing pole out and have an empty lawn to enjoy... plus it would be a bit of an eyesore sat in the middle of the lawn all the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back