rough size of intergas for 4 bed detached?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my parents are getting a new boiler fitted soon and we might take the plunge also. so I was wondering if I could get a rough size of boiler needed from the collective wisdom, mostly Dan to be honest. anyway heres the house specs approx.:

built 1967 Allison, was a 3 bed detached then extended in 2006 to a 4 over the garage.

walls foam ball filled in 1988 or something by shell.

double glazed some new some old.

loft about 100mm.

unvented 250l rm stelflow tank.

we plan a dining room extension later on, so will need a bit of extra head room in case.

we don't like the place roasting and generally we have the 2 spare bedrooms cold.

weve got a 5kw log burner which does the heating in the evening for the whole house via the lounge door being open, its not connected to the heating system.

trv's on all rads apart from the hall.

current boiler is an old ideal classic rs250, rated at 14kw I think. this struggles to be honest if we have the trv's open on all the rooms. I think it was probably the original boiler from when the house was a 3 bed. plus its age probably doesn't help.

Sponsored Links
If you plan to have a combi then you size it to the hot water flows you need. If you have one bathroom it is worth getting the combi 30/36 with the highest hot water flow rate and getting rid of the cylinder making more space and getting rid of complexity making the system more reliable. The smallest combi boiler will heat a house twice your size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back