Roughcasting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We live in an ex council 3 bedroomed house,at the back of the house a huge big chunk of the roughcasting came off at the beginning of april,I have called out 3 different company's for a quote ,We called 1 of them back to do the job ,he never turned up ,then we called the other one ,he never turned up either and the other said he had too much work on ..lol its now terrible weather and just wondered when the best time was for to actually get this kind of work done.It can't be patched as its now loose so has to be completly renewed.I am worried that with the weather we have been having that the building gets damp as you can see through to the bricks,or am I worring for nothing .

Sponsored Links
With the kind of unpredictable weather we get Daisy', it's hard to say what time of the year is the best time for outside work. :LOL: Anyway, two or three things first:::: Roughcasting doesn't look very good patched up. Sometimes it's better to bite the bullet, and have the whole wall done. I know it depends on the finances. Secondly, if I were you, with Winter coming on, see if you can get someone in to prepare/clean off and waterproof "scratch coat" the area/s where the bricks are exposed, at least that will make it weatherproof. That wouldn't take long to do.. The rest of the r/cast would need to be checked over for any other loose areas, and if there are none, then the scratched area could be either patched to match existing (almost impossible) or the whole wall can be roughcasted over in one go, whenever the weather allows. At this time of year though it's chancy, especially if frost or freezing weather is expected. It's the overnight temperatures too that's important, but as I said, getting it scratched will at least give you time to think about it.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back