Rounded internal corners - plaster wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am redecorating a downstairs loo and planning on wallpapering one wall (Large mural type thing)
The corners of the plaster are rounded though. (Internal corners I mean)
How do I go about making these into actual 90deg (..who am I kidding..aprox 90Deg) corners again ?

Is it a case of breaking out the chisel and chipping it out and re-doing the corners?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need a plasterer to come and fit corner beads over the top and then skim.

I would go down that route if it was external corners to get that nice clean edge , But as this is internal (ie angling away from the inside of the room)..air freshener can for reference I'd hoped to sort this myself.
Is that a really bad idea?

Attachments

• 20210319_104117.jpg
    20210319_104117.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 118
I would go down that route if it was external corners to get that nice clean edge , But as this is internal (ie angling away from the inside of the room)..air freshener can for reference I'd hoped to sort this myself.
Is that a really bad idea?
Sorry, missed the fact that it was internal corners.

In which case, yes its about chipping out and remaking the 90 degree corner which sounds like a bitch of a job and something i'd get a plasterer to do :)

Sponsored Links
Not sure that would work there really.
It's looking like hammer chisel and my dictionary of swear words

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back