Advise please on beading/window reveals ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Getting room re-skimmed and doing all prep myself ready for plasterer.

I am confused what to do with the window (new) reveals which are ONLY 2" upto the new window fascia/make-up which i do not want to remove.

If i fit a standard corner bead then when plastered it will be at an angle (not 90deg from wall)

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Installing thin coat beads will only bring the wall out the depth the skim, so should not alter the existing angle of the reveal to wall. If you wanted a little bit less of a angle on the bead line, then you could rake out the skim on the existing bead, or possibly remove the existing bead.

If you are having someone plaster this, maybe it would also be wise to ask their advice on this?

Thanks for reply.

Are the Thin Coat Beads the more 'solid/more metal' type beads ?

I have only ever fitted the mesh type that protrude a lot and are great for squaring up edges etc..

I have seen that other type of bead though.

Put the corner bead on, mask up the new facia with plenty of tape, then use a 90% guage, (thin square of plastic or similar) running it carefuly up the corner bead/new facia, using both as a guide. It'll give you a neat 90% reveal. Do the same all around the window reveals.
Use the more solid thin coat bead, NOT the mesh.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back