Router Collet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I borrowed a Pro Router from a friend and want to remove the 1/2 collet but my friend can't find the users manual.
Can someone tell me how to remove it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
1. Unplug the router and stand it upside down on the bench (assuming the top of the router is flat enough for the router to stand upright).

2. Hold the spindle either with the appropriate open-ended spanner or with the router's spindle lock, if it has one.

3. Use another open-ended spanner of the correct size to unscrew and remove the collet nut.

4. The collet should now be free to lift out. If it is stuck in the housing, persuade it out gently. Don't go at it with a pipe wrench or any such brutal instrument or you will damage the collet.

In some designs, the collet is sprung inside the collet nut and both will come out together when you unscrew the nut.

While the collet's out, take the opportunity to clean the inside with a brush and solvent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back