Router Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got round using my Ryobi ERT-2100V router that I got for Christmas and I've hit a problem.

The 1/2" router bits will not fit in the collet - they appear to be slightly larger in diameter (around 0.5 mm). The router came with an adaptor to enable 1/4" bits to be used and this is also too big to fit in the 1/2" collet.

Before I take it back or ring the Ryobi helpline - am I missing something obvious?

I have totally undone the nut and removed the collet from the machine. I have even removed the circlip on the end that holds the nut on but it still will not fit.

Have I got a duff machine?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
have you tried removing the collet and see if it fits on several cutters??
have you tried the reduction sleeves to see if they fit???

if the reduction sleeves fit then i would suspect the cutters
if they dont fit i would suspect the collet

where did the router and cutters come from??

Thanks Big-All

Yes - I have removed the collet and it will not fit on either of the two 1/2" cutters I've bought

It will also not take the 1/4" reduction sleeve that came with the machine.

The 1/2" cutters were bought from Toolstation (cheapies) but the reduction collet came with the machine.

The machine came from Screwfix.

Davey

Sponsored Links
Yep sounds like you have a european spec machine with 6 & 12mm collets not a UK one with imperial.

Jason

The instructions and the pictures on the box refer to 1/2" and 1/4" collets -just my luck they put a European spec machine in :(

I'll give the Ryobi helpline a bell on Monday and see what they say. Hopefully they can just send me the correct collet.

As I said - I got the machine at Christmas, no receipt, so I don't think I have much chance of taking it back to Screwfix.

Thanks for your help guys :D

The instructions and the pictures on the box refer to 1/2" and 1/4" collets -just my luck they put a European spec machine in :(

I'll give the Ryobi helpline a bell on Monday and see what they say. Hopefully they can just send me the correct collet.

As I said - I got the machine at Christmas, no receipt, so I don't think I have much chance of taking it back to Screwfix.

Thanks for your help guys :D

you dont need a recipe was it orderd on line??
you should get a new collet regardless off when it was bought
you wanted a 1/2" router and got a 12mm so "not fit for purpose"
look up consumer direct ;)

You are a clever lot :D

Rang the Ryobi Helpline this morning - they were already aware that a number of machines went out in the UK with the European spec.

A 1/2" collet is on its way to me...

On a related note can anyone recommend a router table for use with this machine?

I don't want to spend a great deal as this is only for (fairly limited) DIY use.

I see Ryobi do the ART-03 model - has anybody had any experience of this?

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back