Routing cable inside an internal wall

pdcelec said:
Just be careful asking questions using incorrect terms, as you will recieve incorrect answers.

in my profession, we can usually spot people using incorrect terms and work out what they're saying based on the context they're given in ...

Sponsored Links
In my profession, accuracy of information is paramount since we deal with life or death situations.

Life or death situations?

Electrical work shouldn't be that dangerous surely!!

dombe said:
Life or death situations?

Electrical work shouldn't be that dangerous surely!!

electricity can kill easily. so you have to be careful

Sponsored Links
Yes, but being obtuse is not the same as being careful.

Now we all, or many of us, do that sort of thing now and again, for a bit of fun - I know we shouldn't, but we're only human...

But if pedanticelec really, honestly, thought that eswdd meant that he was going to fix a plug to the wall and connect it up, then maybe he should hang up his Fluke and seek a less intellectually demanding career.

Or admit that he's been caught taking the p**s.... :confused:

Of course I was taking the P (I thought that would be obvious to anyone reading). The Fluke has gone back to them (since it was giving erratic readings) and reverted to the old trusty Robins. I must get back to my housework. The missus wants me to put a socket on the hoover so she insert it into the plug on the wall. The shower in the kitchen needs finishing too. I think I will change career and become a fence erector for some of you to sit on (looks like it will need to strong).

pdcelec said:
Of course I was taking the P (I thought that would be obvious to anyone reading).
Of course it's obvious.

But when pulled up for taking the p***, try something like :confused: or ;) , instead of saying things like

"Just be careful asking questions using incorrect terms, as you will recieve incorrect answers."

"In my profession, accuracy of information is paramount since we deal with life or death situations."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back