routing cables.. again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"20mm conduit is too tight to allow two t+e cables down it safely - read the cable factors in the on-site guide carefully".
This was sniped from a reply by a moderator from an old thread in relation to runing cable in conduit . I have not come accross any visual examples of accepted cable installation on chased out wall channels ( for me a picture speaks a thousand words) , so I was wondering if anyone more experienced forum members could point me in the direction of " on site guide" the moderator was talking about. I have already done a search and couldn't find it.
Ta.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's very curious - brown is the right colour, but the actual design does not match the one on the IEE site. However - it's the same design as the Amd 1 Blue version which preceeded it, and AFAIR when the brown one was published it did look like that.

The other thing that's odd is the description

IEE on Site Guide (BS 7671: 2001 16th Edition Wiring Regulations Including Amendment 2: 2002)

2002 was the date of Amendment 1, Amendment 2 was 2004.....

Thanks for pointing out the possible problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back