routing cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am looking for good examples of how to install cables in chased out walls. Not particulalarly the route they should take more of what should be used to protect them in a brick/rendered wall that has chased out to accept the cables. I have tried 25mm oval conduit but they(25mm oval cables) seem a bit tight for two cables, and I haven't found an ideal way to secure the conduit to the wall. (apart from galvanised nails nailed at either side with the heads holding the conduit). I suppose pictures would give me the best idea so are there any sites which might show the correct way to install cables in a chased out wall.

err by the way the cable would be 2.5mm t&e.

Sponsored Links
if your capping isnt big enough, get bigger, or use 2 x smaller ones, and yes believe it or not galvanised nails holding it, is the best way

Or buckle clips.

Or a dab or two of plaster/filler/adhesive - it's only got to hold it in place until it's plastered over. In fact, get the chase the right size and the conduit should just wedge in...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. Yes buckle clips were what I was thinking of, but didn't know the name of them. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back