Routing internal soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to put an ensuite wc in an attic room,with an internal soil stack capped with an air admittance valve.I could take the pipe through a wall ,just below the eaves,joining the existing soil stick there.I would prefer to pass the pipe through the bathroom ceiling(below) and then join with the existing WC waste.

I would be grateful for any advice you can give please.

Sponsored Links
Keep number of bends to a minimum in the wet section, and my preference would be to join to the existing stack externally, on a vertical section.

Joining internally to a horizontal section could cause a noise issue, and may well cause problems with the current W.C. as the contents of the new pan hit the horizontal pipe it could force air and/or effluent back through/into the existing pan. I would be surprised if Building Regs would allow such a setup anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back