rover 25 1.4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi every one...my rover 25 1.4 54 reg has developed a misfire engine light comes on have tested it on a cheap fault finder and it says "misfire due to low fuel level" its had new plugs coil and filter but still no good! it had a new middle section on the exhaust round about the time of the misfire could this have started it? any help would be good as its driving us mad....many thanks lee

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a faulty fuel injector in the inlet manifold. There are 4 one for each cylinder so you will have to determine which one (hopefully the reader has already told you). Example: misfire on No 4 cylinder, therefore interchange No 4 injector with No 2 and hopefully the problem will move to No3.

If not, the cylinder misfire may be due to a cylinder head gasket problem, as these engines have a fault. Is it consuming/blowing out coolant?

Hi thanks for reply there is no coolent loss so will follow your advice above and try your 1st surgestion do you think the new exhaust could have started this problem in any way?

No don't think so, unless the sensor in the exhaust (known as the oxygen or lambda sensor) has a bad connection and its "confused". The guys may have had it off to fit the new piece. But this is highly unlikely to be the source of your fault.

Just check the connection for corrosion inside the plug. I think its at the front of the engine behind the radiator if I remember correctly.

But this should throw up a separate fault code for this sensor, and sign of one on the reader?

Don't drive for to long with this misfire as it will cause harm to your Catalytic converter in the exhaust. will be expensive!

Sponsored Links
thought that was unlikely...had it back to garage to day as they changed some parts other day new coil was ok for a few miles then misfire back the lad had it back on computer again messed around with the coils swaping them had leads off and in and out but he seemed bafeld come away and it was ok when a drove it home my partner took it out for a while and says she thinks its on its way again i havent been back in it as yet

If they don't want to change the injectors for you. I can send you current traces to show the faulty injector on an oscilloscope. It has a slightly different shape if the injector is not opening properly.

But they will have to connect the scope to each injector.

Intermittent faults can be hard to pin point, so be patient.

going to take it for a run in the morning if its still there will follow the injector route if its still there you been very helpful and shed some light on this problem for me very greatfull for you advice on this mater all the best Lee.

Back