rover car radio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ll,
need help please with a car radio its a R660 fitted in an R reg rover metro,just got the car and needed some welding for mot now the radio code has been lost due to battery disconnection,the code card is missing from the paperwork i contacted the last owner who cant remember it so i wondered if anyone knows a fix or by-pass for it?

thanks in advance

kev.

Sponsored Links
Try Googling for a radio code forum, you should be able to get it.

hi again,

ok i think i've made a boo boo, removed the upper case from the radio and saw a ribbon cable with reset wrote on it so i have unplugged it and put it back,however i now cant do anything with the radio it just says "code" when i turn it on but it wont move off the code window,cant input anything any help please?

thanks in advance

kev.

Sponsored Links
hi stivano,
thanks for your replies, i have a cd player i could fit in place of the R660 but i wanted to keep the car origonal as possible, are you saying its knackered now mate?

thanks.kev.

I know what you mean about keeping it original but is it really worth the bother?

Try leaving the radio switched on, it could take minutes or an hour or so then it should start flashing asking you for the code. Make sure you have the code ready to put in. If you can't get the code take the radio out and have it recoded. Cost about £15-£20.

;)

Sponsored Links
Back