RS2 removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I’m trying to remove the cover of a thermostat, a British Gas RS2, to check the wiring to possibly upgrade to a Nest e.
I can’t see any screws and don’t want to damage it as it’ll be going back on when we move (it’s rented accommodation)
Anyone have any idea how to remove the cover?

Sponsored Links
there are two small screws under the bottom of the stat, these might be grouted over or painted over, you might need to dig them out to get to the screw heads

Thanks. There’s what looks like a black plate over the bottom corners as I looked all around the unit first. Also seen a similar unit but goes by a different name which had screws on the bottom but this one doesn’t seem to have them

This is what I’ve got

Attachments

• 3E0F1E87-B271-4FCB-944F-ADA3890FBBC8.jpeg
    3E0F1E87-B271-4FCB-944F-ADA3890FBBC8.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 201
Sponsored Links
That looks as if the cover is just a snap on. If you look at the rectangular holes in the cover, there seem to be the latches. A flat screwdriver pushed in via the wide gap in the middle, to tease it over the latches should be all it needs.

That looks as if the cover is just a snap on. If you look at the rectangular holes in the cover, there seem to be the latches. A flat screwdriver pushed in via the wide gap in the middle, to tease it over the latches should be all it needs.

thanks, I’ll try it

Sorted, thanks. There was also a small screw behind the dial

Attachments

• 80EE5E95-6D6E-4878-8458-21B9B54428A5.jpeg
    80EE5E95-6D6E-4878-8458-21B9B54428A5.jpeg
    825.5 KB · Views: 288

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back