RSG5DURS - water leaking from underneath each door hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a side by side model - ie freezer on left, fridge on right.

I've got water pooling underneath each hinge - on freezer and fridge side. THere are various videos on Youtube attempting to fix this on various Samsungs but none I can see on the side by side models.

Do I need to go in from the front or the back to investigate - ie behind all the freezer/fridge shelves? Or from the back panel? Or both?

I've got a feeling this one is fixable but would really appreciate any pointers/experience.

Sponsored Links
I'm not a plumber (actually just popped on to see if someone had answered my question) but just wondered if your water filter was fitted correctly?

I know some of those types of fridges have inline water filters that are mounted at the back and an incorrectly fitted one could be causing a small leak and the water tracking along to the door hinge?

Just an idea but thought I'd mention it.

Cheers

thanks. It was indeed hell to fit the filter. But no, it isn't leaking. In fact I can't see any liquid inside the fridge or freezer - nor any evidence there has been a lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back