SAMSUNG side by side fridge freezer - LEAKING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!
I have a Samsung side by side fridge freezer that is leaking water through an outlet hole at the bottom front of the fridge.
Number on the back is DA99-00627A.
(this is not the plumbed in model).
Thanks
:(

Sponsored Links
Thats probably the auto defrost system.....there's a pipe on the other side of that hole that takes defrosted water onto a tray that sits on top of the fridge compressor.....this is permanently warm, so the liquid evaporates.
I guess the pipe has come adrift or the drain hole is blocked.
John :)

The side by side model has a problem with the drain hole area freezing and forming an ice plug.May need a bit of boiling water to release.Any clicking noise when you open the door?

Sponsored Links
The side by side model has a problem with the drain hole area freezing and forming an ice plug.May need a bit of boiling water to release.Any clicking noise when you open the door?

Sorry about this but I have given you some duff information.
What I thought was a drain hole is a screw hole!! :rolleyes:
There doesnt seem to be a drain from the fridge or freezer compartment.
It looks like the water is coming from a build up in the bottom of the freezer side which is melting and leaking out under the door seal. The ice build up is new. The only clicking sounds are when the doors are closed sometimes it sounds like something is catching the fan.
I removed the cover at the back and hoovered out a load of dust, etc but couldn't see a blocked pipe (or tray).
Next move is to try a switch off and full defrost I guess, unless anybody has any other suggestions.

Removed the cover in the freezer compartment and sure enough the bottom was completely iced up. After a couple of hours and some hot water I could see the blocked hole and eventually managed to unblock it.
Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back