samsung rsh1dtmh fridge not cooling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I HAVE A SAMSUNG RSH1DTMH AMERICAN STYLE SIDE BY SIDE FRIDGE FREEZER AND THE FRIDGE NO LONGER COOLS, IT STAYS AT ABOUT 10-12 DEGREES CAN ANYONE HELP WITH MY PROBLEM ? THANKS IN ADVANCE !

Sponsored Links
hi i have read and looked into the link you sent me and it was helpful in a way but it refers to a completely different fridge freezer so i have uploaded some photos of the back of mine, i have hoovered it all out ( quite a bit of dust !!) i have included a photo of the inside of the fridge section which appears to be icing up, i have defrosted these once and it keeps happening also if you look at the pipes coming from the black cylinder there appears to be signs of a leak or corrosion , what do you think ? thanks for the reply , mark. //www.diynot.com/network/spen/albums/

on your picture 2 which is showing the problem remove cover check ice build up around fan etc and check the defrost heater and sensor same way as already told you

Sponsored Links
Hi

Did you solve this problem? I have just come back from holiday and mine is showing exactly the same symptoms Thanks

HI I HAVE A SAMSUNG RSH1DTMH AMERICAN STYLE SIDE BY SIDE FRIDGE FREEZER AND THE FRIDGE NO LONGER COOLS, IT STAYS AT ABOUT 10-12 DEGREES CAN ANYONE HELP WITH MY PROBLEM ? THANKS IN ADVANCE !

There are several possible faults that can cause this but by far and away the most common is the freezer needing a full defrost.

Switch off for min 24 hours, door to freezer open, keep an eye on the rear evaporator tray on or near the compressor to make sure it does not overflow.

For more clues you could measure the current draw while the compressor is running and compare it with the spec'ed value.

Don't think i will be buying one of these fridges again it has cause us nothing but trouble over the last few years.

Steer clear of a company called agsrefrigeration, they have some very shady practices.

For example, I wouldn't trust anyone who made multiple posts on DIY and consumer websites, using numerous false names, dishonestly pretending to be satisfied customers.

Would you?

Do your own search on agsrefrigeration and make up your own mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back