RSJ rough cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is a how long is a piece of string. Just want a few rough ideas on the cost from anyone who's had one put in.

I am looking to remove the back wall of the house, to extend on the back to have an open plan living kitchen area. The current house is 2 floor, and the width is approx 5 meters.

The extension will have a pitched roof if that makes a difference.

Any recommendations of structural engineers would be nice too while I'm at it :p

Sponsored Links
We had a 5m beam installed that holds the corner of our house up and that cost a grand for the beam and calcs were 250 which included 4 beams plus 2 ridge beams. Try your council building regs guy, he is likely to know someone who he works with.

Sponsored Links
2k for mine, spans 4m, a 203 and a 305 bolted together, galv'd, supporting a 500mm solid wall. That includes the class, fab, install and cleaning up afterwards.. beam was 700

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back