Rubber door seal on Indesit 1200 washing machine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,
Recently got a mould on door seal and decided to replace seal/ Quite easily to remove but couldn't get inner wire spring back on (very very tight)After reading advice on other people's experiences thought i would give it one last attempt as i was running out of plasters for my fingers ?? Here is how to do it/ Once you have got seal fitted on inner side, fold the seal inwards so you can get the spring started in the groove at the top of the drum/ i held the wire in place using a garden cane otherwise it wiil just slip out as you work round the drum? as you get halfway round you will need to put in another piece of cane or wood to hold in place, i had the first cane held with my knee and the second held with one hand ( i still had one hand free to try and stretch remainder of wire in groove (by this time i had not got the strength to stretch the remainder in) Wife to the rescue / she held the two pieces of cane in position and i now had two hands free ? the remaining bit was now easy (good luck)????

Sponsored Links
Or stick a small long screwdriver though the door lock till it reaches the drum then that acts as a third hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back